Books by Gary Greenberg
- The Case for a Proto-Gospel: Recovering the Common Written Source Behind Mark and John (Peter Lang, 2020).
- Genesis Chronology and Egyptian King-Lists: the Egyptian Origins of Genesis History, Volume I: Egypt’s Dynastic Period (Pereset Press, 2019).
- Proving Jesus’ Authority in Mark and John: Overlooked Evidence of a Synoptic Relationship (Cambridge Scholars Press, 2018).
- Who Wrote the Gospels? Why New Testament Scholars Challenge Church Traditions (Pereset Press, 2011.)
- The Judas Brief: Who Really Killed Jesus? (Continuum, 2007). Republished as The Judas Brief: A Critical Investigation into the Arrest and Trials of Jesus and the Role of the Jews (Pereset Press, 2014).
- The Sins of King David: A New History (Sourcebooks, 2002). Republished as King David Versus Israel: How a Hebrew Tyrant Hated by the Israelites Became a Biblical Hero (Pereset Press, 2008).
- Manetho: A study in Egyptian Chronology: How Ancient Scribes Garbled an Accurate Chronology of Dynastic Egypt (Shangri-La Publications, 2004).
- 101 Myths of the Bible: How Ancient Scribes Invented Biblical History (Sourcebooks, 2000)
- The Moses Mystery: The African Origins of the Jewish People (Birch Lane Press, 1996); reprinted as The Bible Myth: The African Origins of the Jewish People (Citadel Press, 1996); republished by Kensington, 2003 and several other publishers, domestic and foreign. The current version is The Moses Mystery: The Egyptian Origins of the Jewish People (Pereset Press, 2008).
Articles by Gary Greenberg Published In Academic Forums
- Jesus Before Pilate: What’s Wrong With This Picture? (Bible and Interpretation web site)
- Did Pre-Gospel Christians Believe Judas Betrayed Jesus? (Bible and Interpretation web site)
- The Eucharist Problem: John versus Paul (Bible and Interpretation web site)
- Is John a Synoptic Gospel? (Bible and Interpretation web site)
- Roman Days, Jewish Nights, and the Gospel Calendar Problems (Bible and Interpretation web site)
- Was Mary the Name of Jesus’ Mother: A Source-Critical Perspective (Bible and Interpretation web site)
- Manetho’s Twelfth Dynasty and the Standard Chronology (Journal of the Society for the Study of Egyptian Antiquities, #29 (2002, published in 2004)
- Manetho’s Seventh and Eighth Dynasties: A Puzzle Solved (Journal of the Society for the Study of Egyptian Antiquities #25 (1995, published in 1998))
- Dating the Exodus: Another View (KMT: A Modern Journal of Ancient Egypt, Summer 1994.)
- Manetho Rehabilitated: A New Analysis of his Second Intermediate Period (Discussions in Egyptology #25, published 1993)
Papers Presented at Academic Forums
- Noah’s Flood: Babylonian or Egyptian in Origin? (Paper presented at the annual meeting of ASOR, 2020)
- Enoch and Sothis: Is there a connection between Genesis Chronology and Egyptian King-lists? (Paper presented at the annual meeting of ASOR, 2019)
- Horus, Seth, and Israel: Egyptian Literary Reflections in a Biblical Mirror (Lecture presented to the ARCE-NY, 2018)
- John 11:45-54: The Key to John’s Chronological and Narrative Structure Paper (presented at the annual meeting of SBL-MAR 2016)
- Manetho’s Eighteenth Dynasty: Putting the Pieces Back Together (Paper presented to the annual meeting of the American Research Center in Egypt at Chicago, 1999.)
- Osarseph and Exodus: Literary Reflections in an Egyptian Mirror (Paper presented at the annual meeting of the International Society of Biblical Literature, in Lausanne Switzerland, 1997.)
- The Generations of Heaven and Earth: Egyptian Deities in the Garden of Eden (Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Research Center in Egypt in St. Louis, 1996.)
- Manetho Rehabilitated: A New Analysis of His Second Intermediate Period (Presented at the Seventh International Congress of Egyptologists, Cambridge 1995)
- Neith and the Two Biblical Deborahs: One and the Same (Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Research Center in Egypt in Atlanta, 1995.)
Major Blog Posts
For a list of my major blog articles, please go to the Selected Posts page.